About Liv and Jan

My photo
We are Liv and Jan from Brisbane and Byron Bay, Australia. Our specialty is making functional art - art you can use. Many of our products are made using recycled or vintage materials, and all are handmade. Items are available at our Etsy site www.etsy.com/shop/janessundaybest (secure payments using Paypal). If you’d like a special one-off item made please contact us at janessundaybest@gmail.com and we’ll be happy to create something special just for you. Please leave us a comment – we love to hear from you!”

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Make your own Easter Egg Cosy


With Easter only a few days away I decided to make an Easter Egg Cosy. My thanks to Sarah Rossiter on twitter who tweeted about diy egg decorating made simple. This gave me the idea of sharing my cosy as it's so easy, looks cute and really keeps my boiled egg warm on these cooler mornings.
  • Make a pattern with base of 9-10cm and a height of 8cm similar in shape to my photo above.
  • Use your pattern and cut two pieces of felt.
  • Cut a rough flower shape out of a scrap of material and put a button in the center.
  • Sew the flower and button on to the felt.
  • Your cosy can then be blanket stitched around the outside using double thread (one would do but two looks better). Simple tacking stitch works just as well.
 You can use your imagination and anything you have to hand to decorate your cosy. Ric rac, buttons or bows look great. You might like to cut long ears and turn your cosy into a cute bunny or cut pictures from cloth (I love pirates and birds) and sew them on.

I think an egg cosy would make a simple chocky egg a real treat.

If you have a go please email pictures to us at janessundaybest@gmail.com
We'd love to see your creations.

0 comments:

Post a Comment